A Special Report From The Saratogian
This week, The Saratogian, a leading newspaper that covers news from Saratoga Spring and the surrounding communities, published a special insert on GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Totaling 32 pages, the insert consists of four, eight-page sections which explore the history of GLOBALFOUNDRIES and Fab 8, the development of Tech Valley in New York and our contributions to the region. This insert follows a previous special 56-page report by the Albany Business Journal, published in September.
The insert gives you and inside look at our Luther Forest Technology campus in Saratoga County, where about 2,000 people work in the 300,000-square-foot cleanroom and 385,000 square-feet of office space and outside area. Highlights in the special insert include:
- The story of the evolution and founding of GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta in the 1990’s
- Nano Profiles on employees including Eric Choh, Olivier Vatel, Sandeep Dave, Jim Fedorchak, Emily S. Reilly, Wendy Nicoson, Nakesha Smith, Janet L. Paluh, Deborah Onslow, Alain Kaloyeros and many more!
- Explanations of the science behind what we do, including keeping products clean, chemical changes and details of working on a nanoscale
- Why Malta? A description of some of the many reasons why GLOBALFOUNDRIES settled on Malta as the foundation for Fab 8
- Background on The College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) and the G450 Consortium
- The importance of technology and nanotechnology in the classroom, including how GLOBALFOUNDRIES has partnered with the community, local school districts and nonprofits to promote education
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is proud to be a leader in the global semiconductor community, but we are also greatly invested in the education and development of technology and business in the Capital Region of New York. Read more about that in the special insert, which is available online.